One of your primary goals as an Independent Business Owner is to have your business support the lifestyle you desire – giving you a solid income and free time to enjoy with your family and friends.
If that’s not happening, it’s frustrating and means you are working to hard, for too little.
Implementing strategies to grow your sale and profits, without adding a lot of extra work to you already busy day, should get your focused attention. It’s such a cliqued saying, but no matter how hard you work IN your business, it won’t bring you the money you deserve until you work ON your business.
Our founder used to ask, “how many carrots do you have to chop to make $100,000”? Or “How many oil changes do you need to do to make $100,000?”
You can’t. Doing the hourly wage tasks in your business will never earn you the income you desire. Which means you need to hire people to do those jobs and focus on the tasks that will result in more customers and more sales. The marketing of your business.
Customized, results-driven marketing is a powerful tool that allows you to tailor your messages and offers to specific individuals or segments of your customer list – people who already know, like and trust you. It will move your profit needle faster than anything else you do in your business. For more on the Know, Like and Trust factor go here.
Here are eight impactful ways you can leverage customized marketing to drive growth and propel your business forward.
- Maintain A Customer Database: Create a customer database to track
their preferences, contact information and purchase history. This will
enable you to personalize your interactions and make relevant
recommendations in the future.
2. One-To-One Marketing: Take personalized marketing to the next level by engaging in one-to-one interactions with your customers. Build a customer relationship by building a customer list and using all the media available to communicate directly with the people who have already given you money in the past. Use your customer data to personalize emails, newsletters, direct mail and text messages. Address customers by their names and tailor the content to their interests and preferences. Consider sending exclusive offers or discounts as a token of appreciation.
3. Customized Loyalty Programs: Reward your loyal customers with personalized incentives. Create a customized loyalty program that offers tailored discounts, exclusive offers, or special perks based on their purchase history or engagement with your business. This approach not only boosts customer retention but also encourages repeat business and word-of-mouth referrals.
4. Remember Important Dates: Make note of your customers’ important dates such as birthdays or anniversaries. Send personalized messages or small gifts to celebrate these occasions. This gesture shows that you value them as individuals.
Shown at the right is a Birthday Campaign we send for our clients – customizing with first name, your offer, and an expiry date. Everyone loves being remembers on their birthday.
5. Geo-Targeted Advertising: Since your business relies on local customers, leverage geo-targeted advertising to reach potential buyers in your area. Platforms like Google Ads and social media platforms allow you to specify your target audience based on location. Craft customized ads tailored to the needs and preferences of your local customers, making your business more visible and relevant within your community.
6. Social Media Engagement: Leverage social media platforms to connect with your customers. Respond to their comments, messages, and reviews promptly. Share behind-the-scenes glimpses, stories, and updates about your business to create a sense of transparency and authenticity.
7. Host Customer Appreciation Events: Organize special events or exclusive shopping experiences for your loyal customers. Offer discounts, product previews, or interactive sessions where they can provide feedback or share their experiences. These events provide an opportunity to strengthen relationships and gather valuable insights.
8. Community Involvement: Engage with your local community by participating in events or supporting local causes. This showcases your commitment to the community and allows you to connect with customers on a personal level.
Customized marketing is a powerful strategy for independent local businesses looking to grow and thrive. By leveraging personalized approaches across various channels, you can forge stronger connections with your target audience, boost customer engagement and loyalty, and ultimately drive business growth. Embrace these eight strategies to unlock the potential of customized marketing and take your business to new heights.
Building personal connections takes time and effort. Focus on creating genuine interactions, listening to your customers and going the extra mile to make them feel valued. By doing so, you can foster long-term customer loyalty and support for your independent business.
Connecting your marketing to a theme like St. Patrick’s Day creates a sense of community and fun. It encourages customers to feel part of something bigger, fostering a positive atmosphere around coming to your business. This March, seize the opportunity to infuse your business with the festive spirit of St. Patrick’s Day.
Are you tired of feeling overwhelmed by the daily operations of your business? Do you find yourself juggling tasks without making meaningful progress towards your financial goals?
Safeguarding your time can be a game-changer in maximizing your business’s profitability.
It’s might surprise you – but every type of business we work with has success with a Romance Month promotion. By tapping into special events like Valentine’s Day or Superbowl that happen in February, you can tap into consumer behavior patterns that already exist and present your business in a creative manner that resonates with them more effectively than general offers.