A few years ago, someone on our team was asked by a neighbor to watch their house. One evening, some teenagers had a party and covered the neighbor’s car with mustard and ketchup. Always diligent, the house sitter washed the car before the homeowner came back so the condiments didn’t bake onto her car and damage the paint in the hot summer sun.
Of course, she was very grateful, and the house sitter was proud to receive the “Ice Cold Corona Beer and a Star Citizen Award” (a case of beer and a certificate). She stole the idea from the Elementary School her kids attended. It made him feel appreciated to receive it.
This idea is easily adaptable to your staff or team members. Team members don’t get acknowledged often enough, and it doesn’t need to be complicated. If you treat them better and reward their good performance, they’ll treat your greatest asset better… your customers!
Employee recognition is an essential aspect of creating a positive, fun and productive work environment.
Here are some of the best ways to give staff recognition:
- Personalized recognition: Recognition must be personalized and specific to the employee. Rather than using a generic approach, tailor your recognition to the individual’s strengths and contributions.
- Public recognition: Recognizing employees in public settings, such as team meetings or company-wide emails, can be effective in boosting employee morale and motivation.
- Rewards and incentives: Providing rewards such as bonuses, gift cards, or extra vacation days can help motivate employees and reinforce the value of their work. And the rewards can be small – the big deal is that they feel recognized for their efforts.
- Celebrate milestones: Celebrating an employee’s work anniversary or significant achievements with a personal note, certificate or small celebration can go a long way in showing your appreciation for their work. People on our team are regularly recognized for their time with the company.
- Peer-to-peer recognition: Encouraging peer-to-peer recognition by creating a program or culture that allows employees to recognize each other can help build a supportive and collaborative work environment. In our daily huddle here at Royalty Rewards®, there is always an opportunity to gift appreciation to a teammate.
- Provide opportunities for growth: Offering opportunities for career advancement or professional development can be a powerful way to recognize an employee’s contributions and show that you value their work.
Employee recognition is not a one-time event, but rather an ongoing process that should be integrated into your company culture. Regularly recognizing your employees’ efforts can help increase job satisfaction, motivation, and loyalty.
Simple Ideas With Little Cost, But Big Impact
Every year at our annual holiday party, our Vice President Kathleen gives out awards. All the staff can suggest who gets what award and
offers suggestions, and Kathleen creates some of her own. It feels great to be acknowledged for our specific, unique qualities and what our
teammates feel we bring to the team.
Here are some previous awards:
Every Day is Friday – For Always Being Chipper!
Border Patrol – For Your Watchful (and Helpful) Eye!
Baby’s Bottom – For Being So Smooth in Times of Crisis!
Human Wikipedia – For ALWAYS Having the Answer!
They are fun, don’t cost the company anything, and create a great sense of camaraderie. Recipients have the framed plaques up by their
Another simple idea?
Candy Bar awards…because it allows you to give the related candy along with the certificates. A Google search will find you even more
100 GRAND: Your leadership abilities are worth more than 100 Grand
ALMOND JOY: You are full of joy and make your teammates happy
BUTTERFINGER: You make the business a butter place by serving others
GOBSTOPPER: You have gobs of determination and enthusiasm
JUNIOR MINTS: You always offer encouragemint to your coworkers
LAFFY TAFFY: You are full of humor and always make us laugh
TWIZZLERS: You can untwist and solve difficult problems
After a busy time, for your holiday celebration, or on a random Tuesday afternoon, getting the team’s attention and handing out a fun
award for a job well done goes a long way to making your staff feel valued and more likely to stay.
In addition to managing your customer database and automating all of your marketing, Royalty Rewards® has ways to track key metrics of the program back to each employee, giving you the ability to monitor their progress with the program and reward them.
We really have thought of everything with our program, it’s more than loyalty points, more than an email delivery system and more that just software. Click the button below to book a call with a program director, get all your questions answered and get a 90 Day Free Trial.